If you purchased a ticket for a Lufthansa flight scheduled between January 1, 2020, and August 16, 2021, and your flight was canceled, you may be eligible for compensation under a recent class action lawsuit settlement. The settlement came as a result of allegations that Lufthansa failed to provide timely refunds for flights canceled due to COVID-19-related restrictions. In this blog post, we will discuss the details of the settlement and how it benefits affected consumers.
Lufthansa, a German airline and founding member of the Star Alliance, has agreed to pay up to $50 million in claims to resolve the canceled flight allegations. It is important to note that the company has not admitted any wrongdoing in this case. The settlement includes two subclasses of consumers: those who have received refunds for their canceled flights and those who have not.
Benefits for Consumers:
- Consumers who have received a refund: If you fall into this category, you can choose between a $10 cash payment or a $45 voucher for future flights with Lufthansa, Swiss International Airlines, Austrian Airlines, or Brussels Airlines.
- Consumers who have not received a refund: If you have not received a refund from Lufthansa, you are eligible for a full refund of your flight cost plus 1% interest.
- Deadline for exclusion and objection: May 15, 2023
- Final approval hearing for the settlement: May 15, 2023
- Deadline to submit a valid claim form: May 9, 2023
How to Claim Your Benefits:
To receive the settlement benefits, eligible consumers must submit a valid claim form by the May 9, 2023 deadline. Keep an eye on your email and postal mail for information about how to submit your claim, or visit the official settlement website for more details (a link will likely be provided in the coming weeks).
The Lufthansa settlement is an opportunity for consumers who experienced canceled flights during the specified time period to receive compensation. It is essential to be aware of the deadlines and procedures to ensure that you claim your benefits in a timely manner. Stay informed, and don't miss out on this chance to receive compensation for the inconvenience caused by the canceled flights.