You might be eligible to receive a payment from a $255 Million Settlement.
We just learned some news I know will be important to many of you. JUUL, the vape-cigarette company, has agreed to a massive $255 million class action settlement, and guess what? Their customers are eligible for a payout — even without proof of purchase. We want to share some helpful information with you so you can understand your rights, navigate this settlement process, and get your fair share. Let's take a stand against JUUL together!
Eligible Class Members who wish to receive payment must file a claim. Claims can be submitted online through this website. If you received an email or postcard about the Settlement, you can click the link in the email to make a claim or return the postcard. You can also obtain a paper claim form by contacting the Settlement Administrator.
The deadline to make a claim for a settlement payment is July 14, 2023.
In the action titled In re JUUL Labs, Inc. Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation, No. 19-md-02913-WHO (N.D. Cal.), there is a class action lawsuit and settlement that could affect your rights.
The Lawsuit alleges that the Plaintiffs paid more for JUUL products than they otherwise would have paid if accurate information concerning the products’ addictiveness and safety had been provided. The Lawsuit also alleges that JUUL products were unlawfully marketed to minors. The Defendants deny these allegations and assert they did not violate any law.
The Court has not decided whether any Defendant violated any laws. This website is not an opinion by the court about whether the Plaintiffs or Defendants are right.
Eligible Class Members need to make decisions about two different parts of the case, the Settlement, and the continuing court case:
- The proposed Settlement will release claims against JUUL Labs, its officers and directors, manufacturers of JUUL products, sellers of JUUL products, and other persons and entities identified in the Settlement Agreement. If you do not opt out of (exclude yourself from) the "Settlement Class", your claims against those persons and entities will be released and you will not be able to sue them for these claims. The Settlement Class includes all individuals who purchased, in the United States, a JUUL product from a retail store, online retailer, or the Juul website before December 7, 2022. Further information can be found here.
- The lawsuit also includes claims against Altria and related companies. If you are a member of the "Court Classes" (defined here) and do not opt out, you will be bound by any result from the litigation by the Court Classes against Altria. This may be your only chance to opt out.
The most you’ll receive, according to the Juul settlement website, is between 150% and 300% of the retail purchase prices listed on the class action administration website for various Juul products:
- JUULPods (4-pack): $15.99
- JUULPods (2-pack): $9.99
- Starter Kits (Device, USB Charger, 4 pods): $49.99
- Starter Kits (Device, USB Charger, 2 pods): $44.99
- Device Kit (Device plus USB Charger): $34.99
- Charging Case: $49.99
- USB Charger: $6.00
If you submit a valid claim without proof of purchase, the Juul settlement website estimates you’ll receive a payout of around $150. But if you claim over $300, you may be asked to provide proof of purchase to qualify for a larger payout.
Submit a claim by the deadline of July 14, 2023 if you wish to receive a payment from the settlement.
- July 14, 2023 Deadline to Submit a Claim Form
- July 14, 2023 Deadline to Exclude Yourself from the Settlement Class or Court Classes
- July 14, 2023 Deadline to Object to the Settlement
- August 9, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. Final Approval Hearing
Your options and your rights are explained in the FAQs page, along with the steps you must take if you wish to opt out of any or all the Classes.
This settlement only covers the money that people may have overpaid for Juul vaping products, and it doesn’t include any claims of personal injury. Juul has not said that they did anything wrong, but they decided to settle the lawsuit and avoid going to trial.
With the recent $255 million class action settlement, now is the perfect opportunity to take a stand and bring awareness to the harm caused by JUUL. Let's show JUUL that we won't let them get away with their misleading practices. Together, we can make a difference for our families and communities.
Usually, once the settlement is finalized, expect to get paid in 60 – 120 days.
Disclaimer: Some information on this site may be considered attorney advertising under your state’s laws and ethical rules. This legal news site and its content is for general information only and is not legal advice. Information on this site may be incomplete or out-of-date.
No attorney-client relationship is created between you and any attorney who publishes content or online forms on this site. Hiring a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.